ISOTEC maintains a “state-of-the-art” research and development (R&D) laboratory with the capability to perform custom treatability studies. Our laboratory is a EPA-registered facility and maintains the necessary regulatory agency notifications needed in compliance with RCRA for treatability testing laboratories. Our laboratory is staffed with a full time research scientist with over 15 years experience running treatability studies. To date, we have performed over 500 bench scale treatability studies. We also specialize in designing and performing custom bench scale studies based on site-specific needs.
A brief overview of our capabilities is presented below.
- Comparative laboratory studies utilizing modified Fenton’s reagent (MFR), sodium/potassium permanganate, sodium persulfate, PersulfOX, KlozurCR.
- Media tested includes soil, groundwater, slurry, crushed bedrock, etc.
- Specialize in combination treatment evaluations (e.g. sodium persulfate activated by MFR or permanganate/persulfate combinations).
- Evaluate multiple persulfate activation mechanisms including heat, high pH (i.e. lime or sodium hydroxide), hydrogen peroxide and chelated iron.
- Soil column studies.
- Soil oxidant demand (SOD) and total oxidant demand (TOD) evaluations.
- Ozone treatability studies.
- In situ chemical reduction (ISCR) treatability studies using calcium polysulfide, ZVI, etc.
- Metal stabilization treatability studies using phosphates, EnviroBlend, etc.
- Metal mobilization evaluation.
Please contact us to request information on bench scale study procedures and sample collection requirements.